Ever so often, I watch The Family That Preys because I love Ben (played by Tyler Perry).
1) So hype for Alfre Woodard. Yasssssss Auntieeeeeee
2) Charlotte is so sweet for letting them have the wedding at her house.
3) Work that hat, Jillian!
4) Charlotte is the QUEEN of shade. “If my only son hadn’t eloped…” 🚶🏽♀️
5) Andrea you ungrateful, skimpy trick. I wanna snatch her.
6) I’m here for Taraji’s way up! Werk girl
7) YOU’RE MARRYING YOUR KING! Yessssss
8) You never embarass Mama. I mean unless you want an ass whoopin at age 30 🤷🏽♀️
9) Tyler Perry’s stick on wig looks a hot mess. I scrub my pots with that, fam.
10) Oh no William. Back tf up. Danger danger.
11) “We’re all family now.” No, nasty. You don’t sleep with family, heifer.
12) It’s crazy how much can happen in 4 years, right?
13) Mr. Blanchett (Nick) could get the business 👀
14) Pam’s (Taraji) stank face, though.
15) “Be careful how you talk to strangers. You could be entertaining an angel.” Amen!
16) Here comes boujee ass Andrea. Lord help us.
17) “B*TCH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY” – Pam
18) Andrea could catch this 1-2. Any day.
19) Hi. I’m Andrea. I’m good at writing checks and pleasing other people’s husbands. I have a finance degree and I’m boujee af…
20) RUH ROH … is that another woman’s perfume?? 😂 who saw this coming?
21) Grey Goose for dinner? Okay. Maybe we can hang.
22) (continued from # 19) … and I’m a dream killer that doesn’t appreciate a husband that’s trying…
23) Aye Charlotte got shmoneyyyyyyy
24) Lesson from Ben’s complaints: Never stop dreaming. Be comfortable but not too comfortable to the point where you don’t desire being better.
25) Weak acting makes me squeamish.
27) Alice & Charlotte are so cute 😍❤️
28) Abigail Dexter took William’s job and now he wants to burn the house down 😂 time for a temper tantrum, my friend. Show mama who’s boss!
29) It must be so difficult knowing you can’t trust your own child.
30) Bank Teller: “Which account?”
31) “Maybe it’s my Yale degree…” YASSS HUNTY
32) Petty azz secretary lol gotta love her
33) When Jillian notices Andrea’s perfume… it’s onnnn
34) $286,000 man. Bruhhhhh
35) “If you burn me, I will nail your ass to the wall.” Fierce!
36) “Sure. Me and my husband would love to.” Smart woman. I love it.
37) Oh she’s getting a bonus, alright.
38) He gonna let her talk to him like that??
39) Ben’s lips flapping and got himself in trouble 😂
40) Alice is such a good friend. So grateful I have at least one friend like Alice.
41) Secretary out here stirring the pot lol gotta love the messy ones
42) NOLA ❤️
43) “You know I work very closely with your wife. … Your wife is doing an amazing job.” messed ALL THE WAY upppp
44) Charlotte with her newsboy cap and gold chain lol I love her
45) “It’s a Hoedown Throwdownnnnn” that’s all I can think about
46) Two shots of tequila. Charlotte is a gold star haha
47) The wife and side-piece meet again.
48) Alice is so uptight 😕
49) Messy secretary strikes again. Out here about to lose her job. IT AIN’T WORTH IT
50) Abby Dexter saves the day!
51) (continued from # 22) … and I’m a lowdown sneaky schemer…
52) That’s always the first question. “Do you love her?” Nah man. It should be, “So do you wanna be buried in your good shoes?”
53) “Cause you were always on your back in them!” Alice – 1, Charlotte – 0 lol
54) “WADE IN THE WATER CHILDRENNN” Alice – 2, Charlotte – 0
55) Charlotte: “This is Saint John” 😭
56) “Unlike you, I’ve worked my ass off to get to where I am.” Abby Dexter – 1, Andrea – 0
57) These strippers aren’t even cute 🙄
58) Alice here questioning if she can backslide for just one night 😂 Please say you noticed that
59) “TODAY AIN’T THE DAY AND I AIN’T THE ONE” yassss Ben (This is the part I watch the movie for, haha)
60) (continued from # 51) … and I know how to take a hit …
61) Alright …. well, I fell asleep from there. But the movie ends with Jillian having William by the balls, Charlotte turning the tables on William, Pam realizing that Alice is a millionaire, Andrea getting her dreams crushed, Ben & Chris opening their own contracting company, and Nick getting back on his feet. All is right in the world! Unfortunately, Charlotte ended up dying but I’m pretty sure everyone turned out alright.
The movie has a few low moments (Ben and Pam talking in their kitchen), but overall, I enjoyed it.