I realized that a majority of my readers are family & friends, and know me already. But for the readers that don’t personally know me, here you go. 10 things you don’t know about me.
1. I’ve never seen Love & Basketball. – I know. There’s probably someone standing at my front door waiting to revoke my Black Card.
2. Or Brown Sugar, Poetic Justice, and Training Day. – I know. I’m getting right on it. Jeez.
3. I love taking personality tests. – I did this color test that tells you what color you align with and then tells you what your personality traits are. That one was spot on and got me hooked.
4. I’ve finally found a song that explains my love life! – ‘Hard to Love’ by Calvin Harris (featuring the awesome Jessie Reyez) is my song. I listen to it all the time and never get tired of it simply because it truly explains me, romantically.
5. I absolutely LOVE musicals. – RENT & Chicago, in particular. The music is fantastic, the acting is great, … what’s not to love? I’m pretty sure High School Musical was the start of this infatuation.
6. Speaking of musicals, I was in a high school production of Little Shop of Horrors. – I was a sophomore in The Mary Louise Academy at the time and played ‘Ronette’. Being that TMLA is an all-girls school, we joined with Holy across (all-boys, at the time; now co-ed). Hands down, one of the best experiences of my life.
7. One of my Top 10 dreams/goals is to have a major role in a Marvel movie. – I’ve always wanted to act and attended auditions in NYC, as a child. I made it through one but they wanted money up front that my mom didn’t have, at the time. The dream has always lingered and is, obviously, still important to me.
8. I judge restaurants/bars by how well they can make my signature order. – Plain burger, well-done, with fries and Malibu & Sprite. Amazing combo.
9. I’m not a major fan of reality TV. – I’m only really interested in RHOA and Black Ink Crew. Fave people on each show? Black Ink – Skyy, RHOA – Kandi & Nene. No questions asked.
10. I constantly go back & forth regarding what I want to do with my hair. – I know for sure that I’m going natural but, more often that not, I’m tempted to cut off my relaxed hair and grow it out. But, on the other hand, I know I’ll miss my length so I consider not cutting my relaxed hair. It’s a daily struggle that my coworkers are tired of hearing about, I’m sure.
And there you have it! Just a little bit closer to my heart.